- Acrylic bubble based on the existing original.
- Laser cut steel brain with polished stainless steel top cover
- CNC machined light rod ends brain cup and neck bracket.
- Accurate acrylic collar & vents, hand
formed based on the original jigs used.
- Torso based on the original stone molds.
- Welded steel torso hooks.
- Laser cut aluminum bezel with engraved acrylic chest buttons.
- Machined & clear anodized aluminum microphone with stainless
- Actual Dialight sockets and Lens (not reproductions!)
- Hundreds of individual parts fabricated
from Fiberglass, acrylic, aluminum, steel, etc.
- All metal tread sections, knee plates
- Real rubber tread belts, knee bellows,
leg bellows, arms & neck bellows.
- 32 machined aluminum wheels with v-groove.
Accuracy / Season
- 3rd season version (paint & finish as seen in the final season).
- Our team was granted access to all remaining original materials.
Needed items are on loan here for further study/duplication.
All our parts are retooled based on this original material.
- We are leaving no stone unturned to produce the best possible
replica of the Robot character,
not the prop. In accordance with this focus, we will
not replicate "prop" details that were never meant to
be part of the Robot character nor meant to be seen by the viewers.
(For example, we will not replicate dents, scratches, excessive
texture, suit latches, etc.)
- Internal 240 watt stereo sound system.
- Torso knob functions as Robot volume control.
- Over 500 voice tracks by Richard Tufeld, the voice of the original
Robot. These are stored on an internal Compact Flash memory
card to allow easy updates and customization.
- An external stereo input jack allows the user to override the
built in voice library and use the Robot as a normal stereo system,
juke box, etc.
- Animated Crown
- Animated Finger Lights
- Animated Ear Sensors
- Animated Torso Rotation
- Animated "functional" Soil Sampler
- A 5 button key chain remote control allow you to discretely activate
the Robot. Functions include turning the Robot's torso
left/right, directing the Robot's voice to respond "Affirmative/Negative",
activating the Robot's soil sampling sequence.
- The 10 chest buttons are functional and activate various phrases. These
phrases can be customized by Richard Tufeld at an additional cost.
- Master power switch on the back of right tread section, next to
power cord plug and external audio input jack.
- The "Programming bay" toggle switches will be used for
Robot Activation, Audio Source Selection and animation enable/disable.
- Functional Power Pack - Pulling the Robot's "Power Pack"
will shut down the Robot with the "Aaghhhhhh..." sound,
just as it did in the TV series. Plugging
in the power pack activates the Robot and he will speak an appropriate
phrase, "Who turned out the lights?", etc.
- Torso knob functions as the Robot's sound system volume control.
- Torso is motorized and rotates automatically and via Remote Control
- Radar (head section) rotates manually
- Arms extend / retract manually
- Claws, rotate open and close in sync manually